How to CARE for your jewellery...
You have purchased yourself a piece of HANDMADE jewellery that is made with love and care and as much caution as possible to ensure it is to the highest standard. Please remember that handmade does not mean perfect and any markings or imperfections add character to your jewellery. You should treat your jewellery with respect, so here are some useful tips to ensure the longevity of your investment.
- Store jewellery in a cool and dry place.
- Avoid contact with make-up and perfumes and other harsh chemicals.
- Do not wear jewellery swimming or in the shower.
- Do not wear jewellery to sleep.
- Clean with a damp cloth or wipe only.
- Do not twist or bend your earrings or they may break.
- Do not pull or twist the earring backs or they may break.
- Do not leave jewellery in the bottom of your bag.
Additions to jewellery...
Jewellery made with added paint, glitter, powders and other pretty additions are sealed to provide protection against damage and fading. Avoid scratching the surface.
Jewellery that has any metal components such as silver, rose gold, brass etc may tarnish over time, this happens to all metals. You can clean by polishing with a jewellery cloth. Brass cleans up beautifully with water, baking soda with a small amount of lemon mixed. Use a cotton bud or ball, and gently wipe over the brass components. Dry with a cloth.
Resin coated earrings...
Jewellery that is coated with Resin is susceptible to scratches and must be cared for in the same way as listed above.
Keep small pieces away from children. We all know children love jewellery, especially mums jewellery, while these are not toxic, they are not designed or made to be used as teethers or toys. If your child ingests any small pieces, it could be harmful to their health.